Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Veggie Pesto Pizza & A Blog Makeover

First off, props to the hubby who made my blog look beautiful. Being married to a web developer does come in handy you know. ;)

Tonight I made a delicious (if I do say so myself, and I do!) meal that I found the other day while searching for healthy, easy meals. The hubby has been on a health kick lately and since I am now officially on summer break (summer school ended Friday hallelujah!!), I decided to oblige and do something to help. AKA cook something besides our four or five go-to meals or picking up Chick-fil-A. I found a recipe called Roasted Veggie Pizza with Pesto, and it sounded very yummy and doable.

First up, the pesto:
 Basil, olive oil, garlic, and a food processor

I was quite proud of myself for making my very own pesto. It was super easy too! While cooking, I reminded my hubby that a year ago today we were on our flight to Rome to start our Italian adventure. So, is it ironic we had pesto (something we ate a lot of there) a year later? I think not!

Next, I chopped up a bunch of veggies (bell pepper, zucchini, red onion, and mushrooms), put them on a cooking sheet, drizzled olive oil, salt, and pepper on them, and let them bake for about 15 minutes, giving them a little toss every five minutes or so. We used a Betty Crocker "just add water" packet for our homemade (ha!) pizza dough. Then I added the pesto, veggies, mozzarella, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, and voila! Easy and so tasty!

 Delizioso! Magnifico!!


I got the recipe (that I mostly followed) here. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You should talk to Luke about all the amazing things he's been cooking! I'm sure he'd be happy to send the recipes. He made Spanish vegetable Paella yesterday, a great Mexican casserole last week, kale lasagna the week before, and 1,000 other tasty, healthy things since he's been home. He's really quite excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those meals sound very yummy!!

    ReplyDelete