Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nawlans Y'all!

<Part 2>

The next couple days in New Orleans were filled with walking around the city, tours, and eating, eating, eating. I felt like I was back in Europe because of the architecture and all the history which was awesome!

The first tour we took was a swamp tour which was initiated by me. I love that my family agreed to appease me and my strange love for alligators. The swamp tour was a lot of fun, but unfortunately the alligators were already hibernating. We saw a lot of birds, a family of nutra-rats, and thank goodness no snakes. I was super bummed as the tour continued and there were no signs of any gators. Luckily, our tour guide brought along his pet alligator Brian, AND he let us hold him! Brian will be returned to the swamp when he gets a little older and bigger. 

 <with my sissy before our tour>

 <our awesome tour guide who grew up in Louisiana and around the swamp>

Isn't he cute? No? OK, maybe it's just me, but I was in heaven. I was so nervous and excited to hold him and literally shook with excitement the rest of the tour. I want a pet alligator now. I wonder if Kansas allows pet alligators...

The next day we took a city tour which included the French Quarter, Garden District, a cemetery and some Katrina damage including the ninth ward. 

 <St. Louis Cathedral - sorry for the tour bus glare>
 <We went shopping here later>




 <The Manning's house where Peyton and Eli grew up>



<I call this the K-State house>

The tour was filled with information and amazing sights. It was also shocking to see all the Katrina damage with my own eyes.

Overall it was an amazing and fun family get away!

 <Trolley Ride>


 <Cafe Du Monde>

1 comment:

  1. So funny, we did all the same places in New Orleans in October 2010. And now we're about to all the same places you did in Italy for our honeymoon! Great minds... great taste.

    ReplyDelete