Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Italia

This is my sister Morgan. Being famous on ESPN after a K-State touchdown this past Fall.
In less than two months she will be here...

ROME

and her university is right by the...

Trevi Fountain

I am sooo excited for her and very jealous. She will have a blast! She will be taking two classes - one of which is a wine tasting/connoisseur class. We are all still trying to convince her that we will fit perfectly in her suitcases.;)

In the meantime, I am content to be going to Italy for two weeks. Let me re-phrase that. I am extremely lucky and blessed to be going to Italy period.

I am a planner, and I have been driving the hubby absolutely crazy with all my planning. I've decided that if teaching ever fails, I would be a darn good travel agent! :) But, I'd also be super sad that I wasn't going with my clients on the actual trip.

Here is a brief run down of our two week Italian vacay this summer... Fly into Rome and spend two days exploring. Take the train to Pisa for the day, and then head to Venice for four days. Next, off to Verona for two days. After that, Cinque Terre (Northwest coast) for three days. Finally, go back to Rome for three days.

I still have a lot more planning to do, but here are four things I know for sure: 

I will walk around Rome commenting on how old it is. Rome is older than Jesus. That is crazy!! I've already commented about 50 times on this. The hubby says I'm weird.

In Venice we will see them..and it will be amazing!
 M and the bf Diego at a recent DU date party

I will be a very nerdy teacher in Verona and take a ton of pictures and buy a ton of souvenirs so next year I can show my students Juliet's (fake) balcony and tell them all about the setting for Romeo and Juliet.

And lastly, Cinque Terre will be beautiful.
This is Vernazza where we will stay one of the nights.  Source 

Until then, I will be planning away. And practicing my Italian. Ciao bella!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I'm SO jealous of your trip to Italy! I'm dying to go there! Sounds wonderful! Your sister is certainly a lucky girl to get to spend so much time there.. wine tasting class- yes please!

    ReplyDelete