Sunday, April 24, 2011

Christ Has Risen

HAPPY EASTER!

This weekend we were truly blessed with family time, an amazing church service, great food, good wine, and a drop-in from the Easter bunny.

Saturday night we decided to go the 7:00 church service. We ate dinner at my parent's house, and then my parents, the hubby, my sister, her boyfriend, and I all went to church together. The music was amazing and put us right in the mood to worship and celebrate that Jesus was and is still alive and with us today. One of the songs that we sang is one of my current favs called "Christ is Risen" by Matt Maher. Take a look...

Sunday we slept in and then went back over to my parents for a late Easter lunch. Our good family friends the Spears joined us. My mom, excuse me, the Easter bunny brought us some goodies. 

The Topsy's popcorn bunny ears may or may not be missing because someone started eating it right away. Not me. No way.

I love that I still get an Easter basket full of goodies. Still loved and spoiled at 26. :)

After stuffing ourselves silly we had an English dessert in honor of the Royal wedding (according to my mom and I at least) which is happening on Friday at 5AM central time in case you're interested. I am recording it on two channels and going to attempt to wake up early to watch before work; the hubby just rolls his eyes every time I mention this. I am so excited to see what Kate is wearing, how happy and handsome Prince William is, the scenery (I LOVE London!), and of course catch a glimpse of Prince Harry. I have had a crush on Prince Harry since 4th or 5th grade. I follow him on twitter which I think is a-ma-zing! Shhh, don't tell the hubby.

Anyways, for dessert we had a fruit truffle. Yummm. It was so good but so hard to eat because I was so full. According to my mom, who is an amazing cook unlike her eldest daughter (aka me), it is very easy to make. It's made with pound cake, fruit (strawberries, bananas, blueberries, and mango), a blueberry liqueur, and top it with homemade whipped cream. I will try to post the actual recipe sometime.

After dessert we had some picture and relax because my buttons are about to pop off time.

 The "kids"
 The hubby and I
 Sisters and Harriet
Morgan and Diego

One month from tomorrow my sister leaves for Italy. Then a month and a half later we will meet these two love birds in Venice. Can't wait!!

What a wonderful weekend. Thank you Jesus for the cross. One of my favorite things we do every Easter service is Pastor Adam says, "He has risen!". Then we reply with, "He has risen indeed!" We repeat this three times, every time a little louder until we pretty much yell it the last time. He has risen indeed!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment