Friday, February 24, 2012

Surprise Party

Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday with a big surprise party. Family, co-workers, and friends all came together to celebrate my mom, and it was lovely.

My dad, sister, and I had been plotting for a long time. Many secrets were kept and many lies were told, but all in good fun mom! The plan came down to having dinner with the four of us - the hubby, me, my mom, and my dad. My dad ended up having to force? encourage? my mom to cancel her massage appointment she had booked and come to dinner. Ha! I couldn't even muster up the courage to call her that day because I am a terrible lier. And I tell my mom everything. It just wasn't going to work.
"Our table is back here..."
          But we got her there, and she had no idea. NO idea. She was shocked. She cried. She was thrilled. And this was all before she saw the biggest surprise of all...
Her dad, who's 83, flew in from Texas. It was such a special moment.
This picture is priceless. This is my sister (who also secretly came into town) and I saying "I can't believe we pulled this off"!!
The birthday girl and her friend Linda
 Cake time!
          Here's my sister and me with our grandpa, papa, and grandma
 We also made my mom a photo collage. I had helpers as per usual.
They are most helpful when they sit on my lap - oh yes they are. ;)
I love my mom's high school pictures on the top right here.
 '"The many looks of Cheryl"
  This was a hit and was so much fun to make!

We love you mom, and we're so glad we surprised you!!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren this is wonderful! Many kudos to you, Morgan and your dad for keeping this a secret. I know that was not an easy feat to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete