Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy Birthday

On Monday my furry babies turned four. Four?! Where did the time go? I now have a better understanding of when parents (with real babies) ask this. I still remember the day we got them and how little they were. Our families thought we were crazy for getting two Beagles, and well, we were! They were so little and cried as soon as we got home because they were exhausted from meeting their new family (furry cousins included). It seems like just yesterday they were this...
Now they are all grown up and can sleep through the night - ha! But they still need their mama (and daddy), and they love being babied.
Oh the life of a dog...
Gertie - my sweet, independent, mothering girl who is often my little shadow
 Giddy - my affectionate, funny, "loud-mouth" girl who is a cuddle bug
Birthday treats were given, and of course, the girls loved them

Notice the blurry heads? That's because they were busy eating. Probably what they do best...other than sleeping of course. 
I'm so thankful for all the love and joy they bring into our lives. They make us laugh and love more and smile daily.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment