Wednesday, May 4, 2011

100 Things About Me - Part One

I saw a cute idea here and she got the idea from here so I decided to participate too. So fun. Here are the first 25! 

1. I have always dreamed about living in another country. In middle and high school it was Paris. Today it would be really anywhere in Europe or maybe even Australia. If I had to pick right this second though, I'd say London. 

2. I've been to London twice and loved it both times. The first was a spring break trip in high school, and the second was when I studied abroad for a summer there. I love the accents, the history, the old and the new mixed together, the cars (driving on the wrong side of the road!), the royalty, the busy city feeling, really everything.

3. I've also always dreamed of going on an international mission trip. Maybe to Africa, Haiti, or even China. 

4. I'd love to adopt a baby. Someday. Maybe. It seems like such an emotional roller coaster going through the whole process, but how amazing would it be to give a baby a loving home? 

5. I do not and can not really cook. It is something I am trying to get better at. I've been trying out a few new recipes very slowly over the past couple months, and to my disbelief, they've actually turned out pretty well! I'm pretty proud of myself. I just need the motivation to continue!

6. I am a teacher, and it is my dream/goal to one day return to middle school to teach. 

7. I love working with middle school age kids. I love it even more when people give me the "are you insane?" look when I tell them I have taught, love, and want to return to middle school to teach. 

8. I myself HATED middle school. 

9. I have taught the past two summers at a local JDC. JDC stands for juvenile detention center. AKA jail for adolescents. I will make it three summers this June. It is really fun and exciting in a strange way. It is also sometimes depressing, and I am thankful I get to leave and am able to leave after the school day. And see and feel the sunshine. I'm not sure I'd survive in jail. Good thing I'm a good girl. ;) 

10. I attended Kansas State University. 
11. College was an amazing experience and I often dream about going back. Too bad time traveling hasn't been invented yet. Those were some of the best years of my life. 

12. I was a Delta Delta Delta at KSU and lived in the house three out of the four years. It was also an amazing experience.
13. I started off majoring in Elementary Education, then switched to Nursing before settling on Secondary Education with my emphasis in English. 

14. I often wish I could return to many of those English classes. Crazy professors and all. Now that I myself am teaching similar English lessons, I wish I had paid a lot more attention. Teachers aren't supposed to say things like that...but it's the truth. 

15. Growing up my favorite actor was Arnold Swarchenegger. I was/am my father's daughter. He let me watch a lot of action movies, but don't worry, he would fast forward through the "bad parts". :)
16. Speaking of movies, when I was around four or five, I loved the movie E.T. even though it scared me half to death. I used to scream right along with the actors. Especially when my sister was napping. I'm sure my mom loved that. 

17. Because of the movie E.T. I wanted to name my sister Gertie. My mom wouldn't let me. So 18 years later I named my (furry) baby that. 

18. I love my (furry) baby Gertie. She is very stubborn and gave us quite the run for our money when she was a puppy and trying to be in charge. Now she is still in charge (of her sister), loves to give kisses and snuggle, and enjoys having her belly rubbed. Rub her belly, and she will love you forever.
19. I also love her twin sis Giddy. Giddy has been a "wild child" since the beginning. She is a loud mouth, has to be near me or her dad all the time, also loves to give kisses and snuggle (we call her our little lover), and is crazy about food. She makes me laugh.
20. I am a crazy Beagle lover. The hubby and I had no idea what we were getting ourselves into when we brought home two Beagles. Uh..they are hunting dogs. (We do not hunt.) They are LOUD. (We live in a neighborhood.) BUT, they are the sweetest things and bring so much joy to our lives. There's nothing like coming home to the howling (they are even louder when they get excited) and kisses after a long, hard day. 

21. I like to refer to my dogs like they are people. And my children for that matter. If you don't like it, too bad! ;) 

22. People say I'm the spitting image of my grandma (my dad's mom). I look like her and have the same mannerisms as her. I love that about us even though I always deny it. My dad laughs that sometimes he will talk to her and then later to me and start thinking, wait a second, who am I talking to now? 

23. I'm Irish, German, a little bit Scottish and English, and a tiny bit Native American. I love talking about and learning about where I come from.

24. My husband is a Jayhawk and we have managed to survive four years of dating and three and half years of marriage being rivals. 
25. Blogging is much more fun than going to bed at a decent hour. Even if it means I'll be tired tomorrow. :) 

I am super excited I came up with 25 things about myself. It is harder than it seems! 

To be continued... Nighty night blog world.

2 comments:

  1. Just saw this, love it! Thanks for linking up...I guess I can forgive you for being a K-stater ;) I've always wanted to do a mission trip to Africa too. Great 25 things :) Oh and I know Jessica (Holland) Luck too! My parents and her parents have been friends forever...such a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the idea - I love your blog! And yes, what a small world! Jessica and I met through Tri Delt at KSU and have been best friends ever since; we were even in each others weddings. :)

    ReplyDelete