Wednesday, May 11, 2011

100 Things About Me - Part Two

I've decided to make this a Wednesday tradition. Here are 26-50...

26. I LOVE chicken fingers. I crave them. I have to eat them at least twice a week and they have to have some honey mustard sauce. The best ones are from Nick and Jake's and Chick-fil-a. I think I'll have the hubby pick me some up on his way home from work - quality dinner I tell ya.

27. I am on the quiet side and a woman of few words (much like my grandma) until you really get to know me.  

28. I love alligators. Real, live, gigantic, fat, alligators. Why? I have no idea. I've had several encounters that were probably not the smartest moments in my life, but crikey (oh how I miss Steve Irwin) I had to see 'em. Once was on a spring break trip in Florida with a couple girlfriends. Let's just say I pretty much walked up to the 8-9 foot guy, made kissing noises, startled him (thankfully back into the water) and ran like hell screaming as my friends and I thought we were lunch. The other occasion was feeding a saltwater crocodile (ok not an alligator - I like crocs too I guess) off a porch at a restaurant in Cancun. Hey the waiter brought out the fish and told us it was a touristy thing to do...
 This is a terrible pic of a pic but can you see what looks like a big log between us in the background? Yeah, not a log..
 Gulping down a big fish we just fed to him. :)

29. I am not very brave. If you really know me #28 shocks you. I wouldn't ride roller coasters until I was basically dragged on one in 9th grade. Growing up I was terrible at trying new foods. (I am a little better now though.) I was terrified learning to drive and was literally tricked to get on the freeway so I could finally have some real practice. I am still terrified of driving actually. I think it has to do with being a "worrier". I also get this from my grandma. It is a good and bad quality I guess.

30. I have been to 31 of the 50 states, and it is my dream to someday be able to say I've been to all 50.

31. I have lived in three different states and attended seven different schools K-12. 

32. I love that I have lived all over the country - the South, West coast, and the Midwest. Each place is so unique and makes up my childhood - which makes up me. 

33. The hubby and I literally followed each other around the country growing up. We were both born in Missouri, though I lived in Kansas and he shortly after lived in Ohio for a few months. After that our families moved to L.A where our sisters were both born. Next we lived in Atlanta - 15 minutes a part! We went to the same post office, mall, and even the same church for a little bit. There is a possibility we were in the same Sunday school class. How crazy is that? Finally, I returned to and he moved to Kansas City where we met at Blue Valley High School. And as they say, the rest is history.

34. I could live off of mac-n-cheese. Well, make that chicken fingers and mac-n-cheese. Yes, I promise I'm 26. I have been requesting mac-n-cheese since I can remember and drove my parents nuts always asking to eat it. 

35. I am also obsessed, let me repeat obsessed with ice cream. Don't even get me started. 

Excuse me, I am drooling now. Maybe blogging at 6:00 (dinner time!) isn't such a good idea. No more food comments.

36. I prefer beer over wine.
 New Belgian Brewery in Ft. Collins, CO

37. I hate gardening. This explains the many weeds taking over my yard. I honestly could care less. I know, I know, that is terrible. I just can't help it. My mother (avid gardener) is wincing at this comment.

38. In middle school and high school I was into competitive dancing and joined the drill team. It was a lot of fun even though I wasn't that great at it. 

39. After moving back to Kansas in 5th grade, it was always my dream and goal to get the heck out of Kansas as soon as I graduated. I always thought I would either go to UGA or UCLA for college.  Boy was I wrong.

40. Today, I love Kansas. Yes the weather blows and it can get pretty boring at times, but it is my home and where I belong. (For now at least.)
 

41. I get the travel bug, like all the time, and I have been blessed that I have been able to travel and see so much.

42. I would rather have a smaller house, a not-so-nice car, and a much simpler life if it meant I could travel more. 

43. I am a very patient person (or so I'm told). I guess it's true. However, I have not been a very patient person the past few days weeks with some people (cough, cough students). How's that for contradictions? 

44. I love country music, especially in the summer time.
 Love them! Source

45. Two weeks from today, I will officially be on summer break!
 

46. Two weeks from today my sister flies to Rome. I'm going to miss her!

47. I am a big baseball fan, and so is the hubby which works out quite nicely.
  
48. I hope to someday have a little boy who plays and loves baseball as much as we do. It would be great if he goes to the majors too. Just sayin'...

49. I am working on my master's degree in curriculum and instruction K-12, and if all goes well, I will be graduating in December. 

50. May is probably my favorite month because the weather is fantastic and the excitement of summer is just around the corner! 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment