Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mothers

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, so in honor of this fantastic holiday, I want to tell you a little bit about the mothers in my life.

Cheryl/Mom:
My mom and I have such a good and close relationship. She is the person I talk to the most (besides the hubby of course). We have our daily routine of talking on my way home from work every day to update each other on our daily happenings. My mom is someone who gives great advice and someone who has been there to help me in the best and the worst times in my life. Even better, she is an awesome puppy grandma - even though she claimed the hubby and I were crazy (we were) when we got not one, but two puppies; she (and my dad and sister) supported us and helped us out so much! She is a passionate, caring, outgoing, and strong woman who is so loving to her family, friends, church, and I am so lucky to have her as my mom.
 Mom and me in CO
 ALL her babies
 
 My side of the fam
Donna:
The next mom I want to honor is my amazing mother-in-law. She is fantastic and has been very strong as she and her family have had a difficult move away from their friends and two children (the hubby and I) with the move to Chicago. She is also getting ready to have her baby leave. Josh is graduating high school in just two weeks and moving to KC (with us!) in August; Kati is also graduating from college next weekend! I know this will be a difficult transition and time of change, but she is so strong and can handle anything. She is someone I look up to and admire in the way she lives her life, loves others, and has accepted me as her fourth child. I am also very lucky to have her in my life.
 With her babies in DR
Owens side of the fam
Sharolyn/Grandma:
I also look up to and admire my Grandma Greenough. She married very young and raised THREE boys. Trust me, I've heard many stories, she's amazing!! She now has seven grandchildren (the hubby is the 7th) and is so good to each of us with birthday gifts, calls to check in on us, and amazing holiday celebrations with plenty of food and presents. She is a woman of few words, but her actions speak much louder and we know we are so loved. 


Someday, I will be a (real) mom too. If I can be half the mom of any of these women, I know my children will be so fortunate. God has blessed me with great support and role models. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, and especially to Mom, Donna, and Grandma!

And for an added bonus, check out this hilarious video called "The Mom Song". It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment