Saturday, May 21, 2011

100 Things About Me - Part Three

I am continuing on with my list of 100 things (much later in the week than planned). Here we go, #51-75.

51. Blogging is sometimes really hard for me and probably takes me twice as long because…I have to proof read and spell check myself over and over and over. Even if there is one little typo, or if the spacing is off, I have to go back and fix it. It’s the English teacher in me. I can’t help it.

52. I am a Christian. I was raised Presbyterian until when we moved back to Kansas City and joined a Methodist church in sixth grade.

53. Although you know about my love for Beagles from here, here, and here, I also love Boston Terriers. Excuse me while I create a post within a post about my BTs. (I am making them #54 and #55.)

I grew up with Buster who was a wedding present for my parents; their first baby. Buster was the best dog that ever lived. Seriously. He went everywhere with us. He was very obedient and so good with my sister and I. He got dressed up, his whiskers cut and nail painted, and was so patient when he was crawled and tugged on by little girls who just loved their puppy. But best of all, he was the best singer and would howl away whenever anyone would sing. He was a hit at Birthday parties. I miss Buster. 

When Buster passed away (I was 12 and it was devastating) we got Harvey. Harvey was a terror of a puppy, but we loved him anyway. He and our female cat Fred (my sister named her) were in love with each other and would snuggle each other all the time. He was also very patient and loving. I nicknamed him Buddy. He was the biggest BT I’ve ever seen – 30 pounds. When he was eight, we got Harriet, and the two were inseparable as mentioned here. (My parents also have Moose, another BT, who is the girls BFF.)

 56. I took French all through middle school and high school which is what got me so passionate about traveling; it was always my dream to go to Paris and practice my French, and I have been so lucky to have gone there twice now. However, I am nowhere near fluent in this beautiful language. 


 57. It is my dream and goal to one day be fluent in another language. After my masters is done I seriously want to take classes to either become fluent in French or Spanish.

58. I want to retire by the beach. I’m not really sure which beach, but I’m not sure I really care either. Any beach will do.
59. Speaking of the beach, I love it. Few things in life are better than sunning yourself, toes in the sand, and a gorgeous view in front of you. However, as much as I love the beach, I am scared to death of the ocean. It is a big deal if I go out past my knees. I guess I am just scared of such a large body of water, powerful waves, and most of all sharks. 

60. Sharks are one of my biggest fears. Two summers ago, the Owens got me to go pretty far out while at Amelia Island. The waves were calm, the water was perfect, and I was so proud of myself. The next day we went out again and as we were slowly coming back in (we were back in shin deep water) we saw a shark. Holy $#@*!! It was so scary and I bolted. Then we followed it (safely on the beach) up and down the shore; we think it was stuck in the tide. Some people in the crowd that soon gathered to watch said they thought it was a 4-6 foot Tiger Shark. I bet you can guess how many times I’ve been out in the ocean (at least that one) since…

61. Speaking of sharks, last summer in the DR, I swam with sharks and sting rays. What?! They were Nurse Sharks (no teeth) so it wasn’t dangerous. We were in an enclosed little area, like a petting zoo in the water, out not too far from shore. In the first area it was fairly deep and there were sharks and sting rays swimming around mostly around the bottom. I majorly disappointed the hubby because I refused to put my head in to look at them. I held his hand tightly with my eyes barely open in fear I’d see one swim by me and silently prayed over and over to not die. ;) I loved the sting ray part of it though, and the hubby and I even got to hold one!

62. Music (like to so many people) is my stress release.

63. I like all types of music from Christian, to rock, to rap, to country. It just depends on my mood, the weather, and how my day has gone. After a hard day I blare my Foo Fighters CD. Then I listen to my Christian music and praise God the day is over. ;)

64.  I hate public speaking, and I get very nervous when I have to do it. 

54. I love decorating my home and finding new and cheap ways to do this.

66. I have one sister, one sister-in-law, and one brother-in-law. 
 Josh, me, Mat, and Morgan (our best man and maid of honor)
 Kati, who just graduated college last weekend! (This is one from HS.)

67. My sister and I are very close even though we are five years apart. We are very protective of each other and usually know what the other is thinking and how she will react. She is much, much braver than me. We always wanted another sibling though, which is why #65 makes me very happy.
 68. Since I already told you my top two fears (the ocean and sharks) I will tell you my third. Snakes. Ugh. I can’t even look at them in books or on TV. Double ugh.

69. Spiders would be #4.

70. I was born on my due date, November 20. (Yesterday was my half birthday!)

71. When I was born, I didn’t cry at all. My mom thought something was wrong, but my dad, who was peaking over the curtain during the c-section assured her I was perfectly healthy.

72. I am cold the majority of the time.

73. I love to read, but it takes me forever most of the time to finish a book because I never seem to have time to just sit down to read a good book.

74. I am a list maker and love post it notes. I am always giving the hubby a to-do list. I am currently working on my summer to-do list and #73 is one of my goals!

75. My in-laws live in Chicago and though I wish they lived closer, I love visiting them and getting to go downtown. It’s a very fun but very windy (and cold!) city.


No comments:

Post a Comment