Sunday, May 15, 2011

Good Life

I have recently been obsessing over One Republic's new song "Good Life".

"Oh this has gotta be the good life
This could really be a good life,
A good, good life"

This couldn't be more true right now. There is so much to be happy about. It's May and the weather is changing. It has been sunny and glorious out. It has been a little gloomy and rainy, but it's making everything green and the flowers are in full bloom. (Just ask my allergies.)

Also, I sometimes wake up to this:
Nope, it's not the hubby hogging the bed. Giddy thinks she's a human.

"Sometimes there's airplanes I can' t jump out
Sometimes there's bullshit that don't work now
We are god of stories but please tell me-e-e-e
What there is to complain about" 

At times life is hard and I struggle. It's hard when life doesn't go my way. But really I can't complain because it has all worked out or will work out in the end. God is in control - not me. I can't complain because there is too much good in my life.

"When you're happy like a fool
Let it take you over
When everything is out
You gotta take it in"

I have six and a half days of school left and then some time to relax and re-group (well along with teaching summer school and taking master's classes). I'm ready for a change and a change of pace.

My first summer class begins tomorrow, and guess who just finished the first assignment and first project? Bam! I'm pretty proud right now. 

"I'm taking a mental picture of you now
'Cuz hopelessly
The hope is we have so much to feel good about"
Have I mentioned how much I love this guy? Well, I do. Although our life isn't perfect, it's perfect to me. We are so blessed to have each other, God, and amazing friends, family, and pups. 

We have so much to look forward to. We have a marvelous and busy summer ahead. Bring on the hot sun, pool, family time, evenings out with friends, puppy play dates, and Italy!

Life is Good.


No comments:

Post a Comment