Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekend Recap

After an exhausting week, a fun and relaxing weekend was in order. Though it wasn't really relaxing, fun it was. 

As we all know the Royal Wedding was Friday. I woke up at 4:50 and turned on the TV just as Kate entered Westminster Abbey. (Don't worry, I had it all recording on two channels, so I was able to go back several times that afternoon to see anything I missed.) She was gorgeous and the ceremony was beautiful. It was so fun to feel like I was apart of this special day, and it is a day I will forever remember. Here are some of the highlights...

 So pretty and relaxed as she waved and smiled to the crowds.
 Her sister Pippa also looked fabulous!
 Prince Harry making my heart flutter. (Don't worry, I still love my hubby more.)
 
 True Love
Sources: People and OK! Online Magazines 
I am now of course dying to go back to London. (I traveled there my junior year for Spring Break and studied abroad there the summer before student teaching.) I love that city and seeing all the sights was so exciting and brought back memories. All-in-all, it was a wonderful morning and worth being tired all day.

Saturday we went to Lawrence for a charity pub crawl. One of the organizers is the hubby's old co-worker, it's for a great cause, and it's a lot of fun. Too much fun really. Let's just say we're all a little too old for pub crawling anymore.
 Arianna and me at the first stop
 The group (minus me) at our third stop

 the hubby and me
 Arianna and Brett
 The boys - Mat, Dan, Rish, and Brett at our fourth stop

 Dan and Rish wanted to hug the (ugly) Jayhawk along the way..

Our group!

Today was spent sleeping in and finishing up finals and projects for my classes. I have my last classes tomorrow and Tuesday, and then I have a two week break until my first summer class begins. 

I am also on major countdown mode, 16 1/2 days, until school gets out. It's been a rough semester to say the least, and I am in need of some recovery and re-charging time. 

Here's to a good (and much calmer) week!

No comments:

Post a Comment