Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WILW

There are four things that I'm loving on this crazy, beautiful, a little ugly, and exciting Wednesday....

1. I am loving the fact that my loved ones were kept safe and and our homes were not damaged. This morning grew quite scary for awhile as the Kansas City Metro area was hit with several storm cells and a couple tornado touchdowns. The hubby was hunkered down at his office texting me reports as my mom and I were at the airport sending my sister off. We even had sirens at the airport for a little while. There was a touchdown really close to my parent's house (thankfully my Dad was out of town), so needless to say we were a nervous wreck and hoping that my sister would still be able to fly out. The worst was that the same storm continued to go across Missouri, and the city of Sedalia was hit with an F2 or F3 tornado...so scary!! After the storm passed, the sky turned bright blue with big white clouds. And that is Kansas weather for you folks.
Mom texted friends and co-workers as we waited for M to take off. We had to rescue H from the car!
 Spooky clouds near my house
 Downtown KC

2. I am officially on summer break! 8-)

3. As I type this my sister is on her way to Rome. I pray that she has the time of her life as she takes on this adventure meeting new people, learning Italian, and eating a lot of yummy food. 
One last wave good-bye as M was getting ready to board her plane (boo nasty glare from the glass)
 
4. Puppy play dates. The Beagles and the Bostons love each other. Play dates are the best because everyone gets so excited, plays for awhile, and then they are all exhausted the rest of the day. 
Nap time! (Harriet, Gertie, and Giddy up top, Moose on the bottom)

No comments:

Post a Comment